Friday, February 27, 2009

I am a luxury item!

Yes indeed, that's what my husband said!

We were discussing how much I do for him and the kids and he made a good point. He can do the things I do but it's so nice to have them done for him. "Your like a luxury item honey. I don't need you, your just nice to have around... does that make you mad?"

No actually it doesn't. I may be thinking in a different way then he attended but I think more wives should be thought of as a luxury item, husbands too for that matter.

We don't NEED to have them in our lives. We are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves. But, isn't it nice to have them around?? It's nice for him that I make his coffee, put his lunch together, and do his laundry, etc... It's nice that he make enough for me to stay home, plows the driveway, mows the lawn, etc...

I might complain about him and feel over worked and underpaid sometimes but I do love him. He might complain that I don't make money, but he loves me too!! I think our "Luxury items" are worth the price ;)

Treat your wives and husbands like luxury items. Take care of them, nurture them... they are very precious treasures.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

What a great way to look at it!

I will need to remind myself of this next time I feel I'm failing as a SAH (I consider myself one, even though I work PT - and I put a lot of pressure on myself to keep things running smoothly and the house looking decent).

I've been wanting to ask you if you started up any classes in January, like your profile says. If so, how is it going?

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

I need to change that... it was so fusturating but USM really didn't know what they were doing and messed things up. The advisors put me in classes I didn't even need, the head of education called and said I needed to straighten it out but never answered my calls until the day before classes started and everything was full!!! I was really mad!!

I'm not giving up. My financial aid is all in and I'll start up in the fall!
Thanks for asking!

Jodi said...

Well, that stinks about USM!

Hopefully they get you straightened out for fall!

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Thanks, I hope so too! I have one other college I've applied to as well, I don't hold much hope for USM ;) but their program is suppose to be good once I get in. I'll keep you posted.