Monday, February 9, 2009

I haven't talked about the pretty girls lately....


Oh yes, my little pretties! They are something, always an adventure! Lately we have been keeping them busy with ice skating, snow tubing, sledding, etc... it's hard to keep them active in the winter but we try our best!


Last Friday Daddy took the twins to their first Father Daughter dance. (sunshine is going to a special father / daughter dance soon... alone!) It was precious. They had a good time. They mostly danced with their friends, but that's what kindergartner's do. Daddy understood that and stood by camera in hand taking pictures and video for me! The did the marcarana and the "jump up and spin dance".

Isn't it fun to be 5??? I think I'd hurt myself doing this!

Their hair had a little 80's / 90's flair (before the dancing of course) with the curled bangs and ringlets on the sides. So cute though. So you know, they are growing out their bangs (not something I wanted) and curling was the only thing I could think of that would keep it out of their face and look nice for the dance. (It's still kinda short and looks funny in a pony tail or headband) Of course now I've created monsters. Today they insisted I curl their hair for school! Are you sure they are 5? I felt like when I was in high school. I'd go to my girlfriend's house before school and we'd do each other's hair... OK, the twins weren't that bad! We would make ours as high as we could and spray it solid. Oh, the good ol' days!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Ah yes... big hair. lol

Good daddy, keeping the camera ready!

This girly phase is going around. Monkey got into my small jewelry supply this weekend. She's claimed a bracelet as her own and tried piercing her own ears today. :-/

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

I like the blur shot. I have been attempting to do the same thing with my quick moving lil man as he races around the house.

Ah gone are the big hair days . . . :(

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

The way the girls like the curling iron I'm betting the big hair may make a comeback in a few years ;)

So Jodi, a little young for peircing her ears but I guess she knows her style! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

That dance step looks a little like the dancing done by Molly Ringwald in The Breakfast Club.

Sadly, my little Buttercup doesn't have enough hair yet for curling or otherwise... or maybe that's a good thing. :)

Jodi said...

Yeah - I took the earrings from her before she ended up piercing an eardrum instead of a lobe.

Then promised her when she's old enough to ask for it, I'll bring her if she wants to.

I'm going to have to dig through my great grandmother's jewelry and look for clip ons!