Tuesday, February 24, 2009

beautiful snow day

We were up early snow blowing the driveway. The heater bank was up to hubby's ribs... poor guy.
Our house looked painted with the snow. One swipe of the snow blower leading to the heater bank... so much more to go!!
Looking up into the icicles. I've watched a Christmas story enough to know "Those things have been known to kill people". I couldn't resist.
The sun came out. There is something about the glorious sunshine shining onto the new fallen snow. The world around me feels refreshed and new. A new beginning, I can do anything. I feel truly alive.
Sledding with friends. A perfect way to spend a gifted snow day. This was a rare occasion. Our friends neighbors are away for the week. This is their unplowed driveway. We called them and asked that they don't return til spring ;)














No comments: