Since it's been the theme of the week I figured lets end the week with a vote! This time for something less daunting that I don't mind talking about!
I'm having a dilemma my friends. #1 told her daisy scout troop that she was bringing an "Orange Pie" to the garden party. The problem: I've never heard of an orange pie!
So, I hopped on good 'ol Google and searched for pies. I found 4 that sound doable but I really can't decide.
Vote for your favorite. And by all means, if you know of a tried and true super easy recipe let me know!! Thanks!
And a big thanks to Cooks.com where these recipes came from. The title is a link to the recipe and their website.
ORANGE PIE (#1)
Pastry for single crust pie
Line a 9" pie plate. Prick pastry. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
2 c. orange juice
2 eggs
2 tbsp. butter
Whipped cream
In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add orange juice. Cook and stir until bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Beat 2 eggs and add to mixture. Bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and peel. Pour into baked shell. Cool. Serve with whipped cream. Great for those sour oranges that grew so well around here.
ORANGE MALLOW PIE (Orange pie #2)
1 baked pie shell
3/4 c. orange juice
1 tbsp. grated orange rind
3 c. baby marshmallows
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 pt. whipped cream
Melt the marshmallows in the juices, adding the rind last. Chill until partially thickened. Whip the cream and fold it into the orange mixture. Pour into pie shell and chill.
GRANDMA JOE'S ORANGE CREAM PIE (orange pie #3)
1 baked pie shell
1/2 c. orange juice
1 c. whipping cream
1 sm. pinch of salt
2 oranges
1 tbsp. plain gelatin
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. nuts, chopped
Peel oranges and cut into small pieces. Whip cream, adding sugar and salt slowly when almost done. Soak gelatin in 1/2 cup orange juice, stirring over hot water to dissolve gelatin. COOL juice gelatin mixture (this must be cooled or cream will curdle). Add juice mixture to whipped cream. Fold in oranges. Pour cooled pie shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill to set.
MANDARIN ORANGE - PINEAPPLE PIE (orange pie #4)
1 sm. can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 can condensed milk
1 lg. container Cool Whip
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 graham cracker crumb pie shells
Combine oranges and pineapple. (Blend with mixer to break up orange slices.) Add lemon juice, condensed milk, and Cool Whip. Blend ingredients well with spoon. Divide mixture into 2 pie shells and refrigerate for about 2 or 3 hours before serving. No Cooking!
4 comments:
#2!
ooooh! i vote for #2 for sure!
....can i come over and have a slice?? ;)
hope you have a great weekend!!
LOL... sure Jes, hop on the red eye and come on over... I'll save you some!!
Thanks for your votes ;)
While I think #3 sounds the tastiest, I think #2 has the best tasty/easy combo factor going for it.
Post a Comment