You've heard the song: "there was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly? Perhaps she'll die"
Thing 2 was singing this song last night (apparently they sing it during music class) and I started singing along. We got up to "there was an old lady who swallowed a horse....."
She was not into "she died of course" being the ending!!! I haven't figured out what they say in school (apparently not that!) but she decided to add her own gruesome lines:
"There was an old lady who swallowed a horse! What happened? She puked of course! She puked up the horse, then puked up the cow (you get the idea)... she puked up the fly but I don't know why she swallowed the fly... at least she didn't DIE!!!!!
Yeah, I was a bit queazy after that but I thought it needed to be shared anyway!
I am always amazed at how a 5 year old's brain works.
4 comments:
hello SAHmommy from Maine!
Thank you for stopping by Living senses blog this weekend and saying hello!
It was fun to find a new Mom to commune with. I hope you'll come by often and say hello again!
I like this version better. :-)
It's like Rock a by Baby. Why are you having the baby fall out of the tree top?
Grammy always catches her babies instead of letting them fall. I prefer this version as well. ;-)
lol Now that's funny! There's an alternate version of "Baby Bumblebee" that's similar.
Oh yeah! I heard it for the first time at the Girl scout harvest fest! It was a riot!
Post a Comment