Thursday, November 6, 2008

my day

How has my day been?? I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster! Enjoy this moment of stay at home motherhood:

Things that annoyed me(aka - the AM):
2AM wake up call for an ear ache, not being able to fall back to sleep til 5:30, lots of pumpkin spice coffee, giant leaf piles that eat shoes (it took over an hour but we found them before the bus came), husbands who work from home for the AM (I'm not going there!), sewing daisy uniforms that mysteriously get ripped and ironing on pedals, preparing for today's daisy meeting, more requests for volunteering.... and ya know the regularly scheduled momma stuff like laundry, house cleaning, and good ol' refereeing ;)

Things that I loved (aka-the afternoon):
Apple bagel snacks for lunch, a rainy afternoon forecast calling for those cute little kitty jackets, realizing I don't have to volunteer today, a little nap while watching Sunday's episode of desperate housewives, supper prepped and ready to go, Yankee candle Pumpkin spice votive on the mantel. Ahhhh... I think that knot in the back of my neck loosened up a bit!

Here's to hoping the rest of the day is as relaxed as I am right now!! Hey, a girl can hope!!

UPDATE: The rest of the day went pretty well too... as well as can be expected with cooped up 5 year olds anyway! I think it's funny how little things can pile up and just get to you sometimes. Really, looking back the day was a success and I am truely blessed!!!! OK, could be that I finally got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!!!!

No comments: