Monday, November 10, 2008

ahhh... out of the mouths of babes ;)

Some of you know that I lost about 50 lbs with weight watchers. That was 4 years ago. I had been doing fairly well maintaining until we moved back to Maine. I won't go blaming anyone but myself here (though I'd like to say my husbands work schedule and constantly bringing home no no foods may have lead to my downfall).

So whatever, I've gone up 2 sizes since moving here but I'll deal with it when I'm ready. Plus, everyone said I was too thin anyway.... I'll be fine as long as I don't go up to the dreaded double digits ;)

That was my thinking until my lovely little twinnie #2's comment.

"Mommy, you know your pants make you look like you have a big booty, it used to be just your night pants but now it's all your pants. You don't have a big booty though, it's just the pants right??"

God I love her!!!! Brutally honest but so sweet! Yes honey, I just have bad pants that's all!! It's not the icecream, baked goods or halloween candy ;) It hurt, I can't say it didn't. I can't blame her though. She never knew me heavier. All my life I was bigger than I am now (I know I'm not HUGE) but she was so little when I lost my weight she only knows skinny mommy.

So what do I do after that reality check? I've dusted off the treadmill and started a food journal. I mean really, how much longer will she believe that it's just my pants???

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm giggling because it's adorable.

And I know exactly what you mean. Re-gaining my lost weight is one of my biggest fears for a second pregnancy (after the health fears, of course).

Country Girl said...

My kids say similar things. They notice that the jeans do not fit like they use to. My daughter calls me "big butt" to tease and it is in comparison to hers but not in general that is not my problem area. All my clothes are snug right now and I am trying to get back on track but it is hard. The ENDLESS battle!!!!

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

It sure is a fear and a battle! My "booty" is my problem area... or was... now my beautiful tummy that carried three cuties is a close runner up ;)

Oh well, all we can do is keep working at it and love ourselves regardless ;)