Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Thanksgiving contribution

Since Thanksgiving is not at my house this year I have been given an assignment.
Besides bringing the supplies for cheese logs and cream cheese and olives (the holiday is not complete without lots of cheese!) I'm also in charge of decorations and keeping the pretty little children occupied. I seem to get that job a lot... luckily I love doing it!!!!

My plans are:
~native American dice game-- I just saw this on the crafty crow and it will be perfect (code for cute, cheap and easy)

~Martha Stewart's trivia turkey place settings are very cute... and again EASY! I have pre cut the feathers and turkeys and I am going to have the older kids write the trivia and riddles on them as well as the names of the guests. I found the questions on brownielocks. It is a great website filled with riddles and facts.

~Give thanks Banner from Family fun. We made this last year and it was requested that we bring it this year. It is fun and easy to make... but messy! I am going to make this out of felt and fabric next year... so much easier on future feasts!!

That's it. I'm keeping it simple. Accompanied with the playing associated with getting the cousins together it will be enough to make for a great day!

I'm a bit bummed about the weather. I was suppose to go help my mom get ready for the feast. However, with a snow/rain mix and 50mph winds forcasted I am staying home for another day! My kids are pretty upset. If it was the day of I would risk it... It is only an hour drive and I have driven in worse! But I am being safe for a change. We will leave tomorrow morning and daddy will meet us tomorrow night. As long as we get a few hours to cook (and sneak off to see TWILIGHT with my sissy....sssshhhhh) then things will be just fine.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you got your tags...and glad you like them!

thanks for the great crafty ideas. :) and HAPPY THANKSGIVING, friend!!!