Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wimpyville campground

My Sister in law is a wimp! (This is coming from a person who's had her share of rainy weeks in a tent with three kids.) She made big plans to bring her family down for camping, sun, and relaxation on the shores of Sebago Lake. This was in February.

Now we get to the first of July, of the rainiest summer season on record. For some reason they have no interest in camping anymore... Like I said: WIMP!

The first half of their vacation she set up her tent then snuck off to Boston in a nice cozy hotel. The second half, she brought her crew to my house. They spent the night wherever they could fit... I say, more the merrier, just blow up an air mattress!! The next day when it was raining (*surprise*) they decided to crash here and pull up stakes at the campground. We are sitting around after dinner and they ask: "Hey, do you think we can put the tent up in your garage???"

Why not???

It's better than sleeping in one of the kids rooms!

So, here it is, the wimpyville campground:


As redneck as it comes but, it's dry and comes complete with TV and electricity. Not bad accommodations if I do say so myself.
Disclaimer: I love my sister in law and her family!! I've crashed at their place more than once. She thinks this is as funny as I do!! We have one strange sense of humor... it's what keeps us going :)

No comments: