Wow, a week of being on routine... it feels good!!!
Today I didn't do a real craft project with the girls. We did a little cooking instead.
We made homemade granola bars. I first tasted these yummy treats at girl scouts and my dear friend posted it in her blog just for me :) You can find it here. It's sooo easy and sooo good!! The girls can do everything, except (or as my thing 2 keeps saying but'scept) putting the mixtures together and putting them on the pan. I have my 9 year old do the stove part, the twins do their share of the other work. Cooking in our kitchen is a practice in team work and creativity! Oh, and my patience of course!
Here's our work, cooling as we wait... not so patiently!

We made two batches. To do this I toasted all 4 cups of oats at the same time. I put the dry ingredients in two separate bowls. I then made the binder for one batch at a time, completed that pan then made a binder for the next pan. I felt it would cool too quickly and be a stressful experience to make a double batch of boiling hot sugar mixture with three eager sous chefs.
Cinnamon Raisin is on the left, chocolate chip is on the right.
As you see, the chocolate chips melt when exposed to the heat of the binder. I even tried to put them in after I put the mixture in the pan but no luck. I know for a fact they still taste good so I'm not too upset.
How much longer til we can cut and eat them??? Not sure if we can wait that long!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment