Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday review

I took the week off from blogging to spend it with my nieces. Today is the last day of the third annual "cousin's week". I'm not exactly sure what we'll do. The girls are just relaxing this morning so I'm taking time to catch up.

What has been going on in my little world this week? Let's see....
I'm still very disturbed by the blight. I've been pulling off the dead leaves, spraying my "real garden" with fungicide, and hoping that the fruit on the blighted plants ripen before the plants totally die. They have so many tomatoes on them... it's such a shame!!!!

I went to the CSA on Tuesday. For $13 I got: a pint of syrup, 6 corn on the cob, bok choy, lettuce, and shell peas. The girls just love shell peas raw!! I'm planning on making a wonderful summer dinner tonight. I have a bok choy salad recipe I haven't had in years. I'll add that to corn on the cob and grilled chicken... yummy :) We'll also make a fresh fruit pie!!!

What else???
We've been to the pond beach, Old Orchard Beach, and my back yard pool. We've had camp fires, and smores. We've been to the mall and smiling hill farm. We've eaten the most healthy assortment of food..... ice cream, pier fries, dough boys... real growing food ;) My sister will be glad to hear I'm taking such good care of her girls. Hey, it's summer, it's cousin's weekend, it's all good!

The weather has been wonderful, spirits for the most part have been light. I feel that happiness that comes with summer.

Life my friends may not be perfect but the little happy moments make up for the imperfections.
Enjoy your summer any way you can :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, we're also trying to have fun this summer despite life's circumstances.

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

I know Aim, you have to have fun despite it all!! Glad your enjoying the summer :)