Monday, December 8, 2008

too busy to be sick!

This weekend was chock full of events. On Saturday, My Sunshine had a Christmas concert for the coats for kids celebration at Shaw's. That afternoon, My husband and I took the kids to the Maine State Ballet's Nutcracker. Sunshine's birthday party was on Sunday. Sounds like a perfect weekend, right??

It was looking that way until my body added a kidney stone, a full blown kidney infection with a 101 temp, and a trip to the express care to the mix! Yeah, what perfect timing!! I am prone to kidney infections and my right kidney is dysfunctional. However, I haven't had one for years, and let me tell you it's making up for lost time! A KIDNEY STONE TOO...What a doozy!

I have to say my husband was great. I crawled out of bed for all the festivities and crawled right back into bed after they were over! Saturday wasn't horrible, it entailed a lot of sitting which made it livable. We also went cruising for Christmas lights. There are some wonderful displays out this year!

Sunday I stayed in bed most of the day. I was hot and cold, and achy... a total mess! My husband and the girls got the house ready for the party. Not like I would have but better than I could have at that time. (PS: Whatever you do, don't go in the back room! It's going to take a month to clean out! LOL!) Around 2 o'clock 15 8-9 year olds came bearing gifts and ready to party. A couple Tylenol and I was ready to do my best! A mom of one of the party goers stayed and helped out. I had a lot of crafts and games planned and couldn't have done it without her!!!! A huge thank you goes out to Angela!!!!!!!

Sunshine had a great time. We didn't get everything done and they were a bit ummmm... lets say active???..... but they had fun and that's all that matters.

Now I'm looking at a war zone of a house. Party aftermath, The laundry is piled up, etc.... My hubby did keep up with the dishes which is a blessing!! Am I going to do anything about it? NOPE, not today. I got my babies on the bus now I'm off to a long nap. Hopefully I will be refreshed by the time they get home from school. Right now I feel like dog doo doo. The antibiotics seem to be working but I'm still not myself and I hate it!

Tonight I have my mom coming down with a cake from Hillman's Bakery in Fairfield. They make the best cakes!!!! We are going to order take out and watch Sunshine open her presents on her "real" birthday.

I might be sick but the special events in my kids lives only happen once, sick or not! I'm just making the best of it and counting my blessings.

3 comments:

Queenie said...

HILLMANS!!! I live just 15 minutes away and I love their cinnamon buns. Oh, and their breads. And their pies. and cakes. and muffins. OMG - I just love it all......Get well quickly. I know for me just having my mom around would do the trick!

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Too funny, small world! I grew up up there and used to sneek off from school at lunch to have cinnamon buns ;) YUMMY! The cake was too good as usual, and looked lovely. Yes, it was great having my mom here... made sunshine's day too!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!
praying for a super-speedy recovery!! wish i was there to help out...or bring you a pot of soup...or chocolate (that's my cure-all ;)).

enjoy your week!!