I was on a roll for a while now, I'm just so busy I haven't had time to write. Ideas come to me when I am not ready then when I have a moment to spend on the computer they vanish!
Things are well. Thanksgiving was full of family, friends, and fun, just as it should be. I think I did everything I wanted. I even got to sneek out to see Twilight (which was AWESOME!!).
Now I'm getting ready for Christmas! I can't say I'm completely ready for this task but I always say "fake it til you make it"!
On Sunday, my lovely neighbor brought over Christmas boughs which are now overflowing my flower boxes and a basket by my door. I set out this morning with my trusty pruning sheers in hand to find bittersweet berries to accent the greens. I couldn't find them at first but once the frost melted they were easy to spot! My girls thought I was crazy since I kept pulling my minivan over to look through the brush on the side of the road. I gathered enough for all the flower boxes, basket, a swag for the door, and more!! Each girl held a bunch and were so happy to help! It was a fun morning!!
I also added a few of the many pinecones that have fallen from my trees. I think it looks amazing. I'm excited to set up the lights... then the outside will be complete.
I wish I could take a picture of my creativity but again I'll complain that I haven't gotten one yet. We have gone a few times to pick one out but we get so nervous! It's really a problem. I am going to go right now to sign up for a membership to consumer reports online. It's the only way I can be sure we get a good deal!!!
3 comments:
You can usually look at Consumer Reports at the bookstore, as well (we got to Borders before any large purchase).
I'm hoping to take advantage of the warm weather tomorrow to do our outdoor decorating. We have no outlets out there so I can't put out lights. :-(
Glad to know I'm not the only one stopping in the ditch for clippings. lol I spotted some within walking distance earlier so Monkey and I will take a walk with the stroller tomorrow to get ours. :-)
Panasonic makes a great small camera with a Leica lens - that's the most important part, the lens. It has a great large viewing screen in back and is easy peasy to operate. That's what we non-staff photographers use here at the paper. I think we got ours at Best Buy. Check it out - I love mine!
Thanks for the comments! I will look into the panasonic camera... never thought of them but your review is comforting! Jodi I never thought of "borrowing" a consumer reports, clever... very clever!!
No your not the only one, there are quite a few of us crazy berry hunters out there!!!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment