Monday, October 27, 2008

Pre Halloween fun!

Harvest Fest with girl scouts

Making apple cider and dutch oven doughnuts~Horse drawn carriage rides~Nature crafts~Scavenger hunt~beautiful views~great friends


Halloween Party!!!!
25 of the kids closest friends and their parents~ blue sky and warm temps in the 60's~ screeches and laughter~ yummy food, fun games, and spooky music ~lots of thanks to the Internet and blogging friends for the ideas~

Here's a small sample of the fun:
Child size spider webs ( I started out with stringing yarn between two trees and the house. I ran out of yarn and it didn't look spooky enough so I used a large spider web and covered the top then hid spider rings in it!)

Help the vampire find his fangs (yes that's me the mad scientist!)



My lab specimens


Witches fingers (yeah, I didn't buy the sliced almonds at $7 a bag but they were still cute!)



Popcorn hands


What's left of the doughnut eating contest



Goodnight!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun!!

Lorrie said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog today. The pictures you posted are so cute. I blog about woman wanting to make the transition from work to home. I hope all goes well and you get to fulfill your dream of becoming a teacher

Leciawp said...

You are so clever! I'm going to have to remember the finger and hand idea!

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Thanks for the comments... I love them and new visitors!

Lorrie, thanks for the well wishes, I'm nervous but I really think it's going to be great for me!