I started out with great intentions:
Then the twins had to "Help" fill the cupcake papers. That was Fun!! (In the way getting a cavity filled is fun... pure test of patience!) They look really sad and lopsided but hey, frosting will fill it in, right??

I couldn't find the pastry bag my mom (the true cake artist) left here so I cut a Ziploc baggie and tried my best! I cut a stencil for the GS out of recycled paper and sprinkled it with green sugar...
I won't fool myself, I know the Martha's of the world would cringe but for a novice I think it came out OK. I bet the kids will LOVE IT!!!!
UPDATE: Sunshine came home and said "It's great, why does it look like a shamrock??" I should have looked up the girl scout symbol BEFORE making the cupcake cake! I mixed my years of 4-H with this new adventure in girl scouts! Oh well yet another opportunity for laughter! Hope it's yummy... it's all the poor thing it has going for it!!!!
5 comments:
It's the taste that counts! ;-)
And from the taste testing I can tell you the buttercream frosting is YUMMY!!!!
Buttercream and cheese cream frosting are my 2 absolute favorites.
Now I need to make cupcakes. lol
OMG that is just tooo funny. We actually have an ugly cake contest because my sister and I always get all adventurous with cakes, and then...well, we end up with flesh colored Nemo's.
Thanks for the laugh,
I will say I thought it was super creative, and really didn't look that bad...I thought it was a girlscout cake until you mentioned 4-H...(I did 4-H) You aren't alone! you can make another one on St. Patricks day and everyone will think you are a genious!
Thanks Pie! I love the ugly cake contest... I have made a few that would win hands down! Creativity isn't always pretty but it's fun!!
Post a Comment