Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Garden is in...pretty much

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged. I'm sure I've lost the few readers I had but it's been busy here!

The twins graduated preschool! It was a fantastic ceremony!! I'm so proud!

I have had the opportunity to accompany Sunshine on her field trips and field days at school... I am so thankful for that!!
When we are not doing all the school activites or visiting family and friends we've been in the garden!

How exciting it is to watch the plants grow and the flowers bloom! I have found that the previous owners planted some wonderful perrinals... I have flox, lilacs, peonies, irises... plus wonderful wildflowers like lilly of the valley and columbine...even a lady slipper! I'm fusturated with the violets that have taken over the ivy they had planted in one corner... boy that stuff grows everywhere... I thought dandilions were bad!!!









My veggie garden is in and growing as well! We did cheat and buy plants of tomatoes, peppers, cukes, and herbs. I'm trying to grow the lettuce and spinach from seed....LOL!!!! Wish us luck on that! I haven't seen any progress yet but it's still early ;)

No comments: