Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I could sell baby maple trees!

Things are really taking off in the garden! More tomato plants have flowers, I have counted 8 baby tomatoes, the cucumber plants are getting bigger, the peppers have little bud like things in the centers and those seedlings from last week look like real plants now!!

I did get a little sad thinning the seedlings... all that potential food... if I had room I would have replanted them, it seemed like such a waste ;). I also had to pull about 50 baby maple trees out of my garden!!! Those "helicopters" that have been spiraling through the air for the past two weeks from my beautiful maple tree have sprouted in my garden. They were really cool looking, the helicopter part was sticking straight up as the seed started rooting into the ground. The seedlings were beautiful too... I felt they would have made great trees!! I should have planted them in pots and sold them on craigs list!!! LOL!!! I just might next year, watch and see!

No comments: