The twins and I were busy this morning. After all the rush of getting daddy and Sunshine off for the day I finally sat and drank my coffee and we planned how to spend our morning. I knew I wanted to make a pear cobbler... the fruit flies were visiting this morning thanks to a bit of ripe fruit in the basket ;)
After a great math quiz (ok mumma, what is 5+1?? 6+1?? Then, I got a great laugh when I asked them all the facts that equal 10... turn them into geeks early I say! I was impressed when they could count by 10's to 200 and know place values!!) and Making Popsicle stick letters (this was twin two's idea... she made letters then wrote a 1-10 list of words using her letters... most not found in an English dictionary and hard to pronounce words I might add) I finally got them to help me with the cobbler.

Carefully cutting the fruit (I'm pretty sure that piece didn't make it into the cobbler)

Our pile of pears (and as you might notice, peaches since "Can I try just one more mumma" depleted our supply of pears)

Measuring and pouring the flour

This recipe called for cooking the filling... I have NEVER done this before I hope it comes out OK

Hot and bubbly from the oven! The hard part is waiting until after school to eat it!
1 comment:
Yummy!
Let us know how it tastes (It looks like it's going to be divine).
I've been fighting the fruit flies as well. Hopefully now that all of our tomatoes are gone I can get rid of them. Here's to hoping!
Post a Comment