You know how when your with them daily you don't notice the growth but spend a few days apart and wow! They are amazingly taller and more brillant!
The same happened in the garden. I left for a week and I have:


The same happened in the garden. I left for a week and I have:


baby bell peppers, the spinach and lettuce are ready to harvest,
I have blossoms on every tomato plant and cucumber plant as well!!!!
Wow was I impressed!!! What I wasn't impressed with were all the weeds... there were hardly any when I left, what happened??? It's like they noticed we left then jumped right in!!! It's been so humid here in Maine lately that I've been going out in the morning and evening to evict the party crashers. At least it seems like the bugs have taken a respite. For now anyway ;) I did have some footprints in the garden... whatever it was stepped on some lettuce but didn't seem to eat anything (which is good)... I'm figuring it must have been a neighborhood dog since I don't think a deer could stop itself from nibbling ;)
Our trip Downeast was wonderful!!! The kids really enjoyed the goodie bags I made for them on the trip up (the trip back was ugly and full of motion sickness but we won't think about that today) and everyone LOVED the games!!!! Next time I need to find sacks for a sack race, and a better way to tie legs for the three legged race... I had left the hankerchiefs at home and improvised with trash bags which weren't the best idea since they stretch... live and learn!!!
Many of the activities I packed stayed packed since we spent most of our time searching for seashells and playing on the rocky shoreline-- located right beside our campsite!
It was so nice now that my children are older and I don't have to worry about them quite so much. The biggest problem this time was getting along with others, not trying to avoid serious injury (like falling off a cliff or getting hit by a rogue shriner on a go cart... you laugh but it could have happened!!!!). I still worry about it, but they know better than to stand in the middle of a parade route or go by the cliffs. I did get paranoid around the sparklers (since I HATE THEM) but the kids were good with them and there were no injuries thank goodness!!
So it was great! The views of the Bay of Fundy were amazing,
the wild roses and lupine were beautiful and being with family made the trip complete!!
Til next time!
Til next time!










No comments:
Post a Comment