She has always been a creative cake baker. I think she thinks her offspring should be also. I DO NOT work at charm city cakes, I am not Duff!!! If I was a professional I would be on the cake wrecks website often ;)
However, I love my mom and she's an amazing woman. She deserves the cake she asked for.
Want to see?? Here it is!!!!


Isn't it laugh out loud funny???? I've been smiling since I finished it...
Not really a minivan but it does resemble an automobile!!!
If your not as impressed at that as I am you should be... trust me!!
To make this elaborate cake I baked a french vanilla cake mix in 2 8X8 pans. I stacked the cooled cakes with a strawberry filling in between, then cut about 3 inches off the square to make it a rectangle then used the remainder cut on an angle to make the top and windshield. I cut it like a mad woman until it resembled a minivan.
I then got creative with a jar of pink frosting!!! I know I could and should have made frosting, I can make it, I just chose not to this time.
I made it relatively smooth, then added aluminum foil for windshield, door windows, and back window. I then outlined everything with Peel N' Pull twizzlers. They are awesome!!! I got a little creative as you can see. I dug out my supply of girl scout cookies and used peanut butter patties for the tires. The sprinkles from the frosting can made a cute heart and hubcaps. The headlights and rear lights are leftover Easter Candy... robins eggs for the front and PB M&M's for the back.
It's so cute, I think she'll like it. It will taste good anyway and it did come from her FAVORITE daughter ;)

and, "Yes, Mr. Lobster, your last hour is near.... bring me some drawn butter and a bib!! "
I'm adding corn on the cob and fresh lemonade to the meal. I hope it's yummy!!After this feast she has the honor of watching her most favorite grandchildren for a whole weekend!!!! What a fabulous birthday for a fabulous mom and grandma ;) Oh, all right, it might be just as wonderful for me too!!!!! Thanks Mom!!!!
5 comments:
I think that cake is MARVELOUS! And the clams and lobster are an excellent touch as well. No wonder you are the favorite!
Great cake!
And that looks like a very yummy dinner.
Thanks!! Actually Chris, she claims not to have a favorite...
but I like to tease my sissy ;)
Awww, I want a pink mini van now.
Smiles,
Lisa
Lokks and sounds good. Love it!
Post a Comment