We participated in our first Maine Maple Sunday. It was a crisp beautiful day. The small sugar operation was quite busy, we even saw friends of ours! Here's a glimpse of our day:
I loved that they had some old fashion buckets near the shack for us to see. I think they are beautiful.
The girls loved the new way of collecting sap. All those blues hoses looked like a maze.
They couldn't believe how much sap was collected in the big bucket.
We waited a long time but finished the day with a horse drawn hay ride then a little shopping!
As we were leaving the wind picked up and it started snowing! Very pretty, but oh what a reminder that we live in Maine!!

The girls loved the new way of collecting sap. All those blues hoses looked like a maze.
They couldn't believe how much sap was collected in the big bucket.We waited a long time but finished the day with a horse drawn hay ride then a little shopping!
As we were leaving the wind picked up and it started snowing! Very pretty, but oh what a reminder that we live in Maine!!

2 comments:
I think I went there today too? Was this Bacon's Farm? If so the line to get in the sugar house was an hour wait and we gave up and went to visit family and gather some raw milk. Looks like a great time...sorry we missed out!:)
Nope, not Bacon farm... my MIL went to that one though! We went to one closer to us.
We waited until afternoon and the wait for everything was still pretty crazy, I can't imagine if we got there in the morning.
The bummer about waiting til afternoon was that I didn't get any maple syurp to take home :( I wasn't going to buy that little glass "tourist" bottle no matter how cute it was! I'm going back today though, they said they'd have a fresh batch ready. I can't wait!
Post a Comment