Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crafty Wednesdays...

Of course the first day I want to start this new blogging idea the girls are not at all into crafting. We spent the morning playing "go fish" and "candyland"... very nice considering we have been playing Disney Trivia 2 for three weeks straight!!!

Today I give you a craft we want to do....

I found this on Craft Crow today. Kites!!! Thank you Ordinary life magic! I'll be reading more of your blog, it's great!!!

Thing 2 has been begging to make "a real kite that flies". It's been a week since the total meltdown temper tantrum she had over the fact that we need to buy materials and find a pattern. (If you are a reader of my blog you'll know she's been having trouble with this lately).

The "mean mommy" inside told me to never ever build a kite! (and some other things...oopsie) The "Good Mommy" sees that she has calmed down and gotten over it (and that she really is a pretty sweet kid). Things are also coming together for the project. We have found a pattern and surprisingly we have all the supplies! I'm hoping to make this tomorrow. I hope it flies!!! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, dear.

I hope it flies, too! :)
Use the lightest paper possible, kite string (it's light), and light sticks, and you should be fine.

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

I have really light scrapbooking paper and spools of kite string... plus it's really really windy right now!!! I'll post tomorrow!