It was great!! The girls had fun and didn't think it was as bad as they thought it was going to be. We had play dates, played lots of games, and went school clothes shopping.
I was suprised that the week still flew by soooo fast! I really thought I would get everything done and be at least somewhat bored! Ha Ha, wishful thinking!! I also realized we aren't as attatched to the television as I imagined... which is good!!!
OK, if I have to confess, I did turn it on to watch the Olympics after they went to bed... what was I thinking turning it off during the olympics??? But the girls just thought it was great that they had more will power than mommy!!!
Today was the first day of school and I did let them watch 2 hours of TV after ;)
Not bad really. They turned it off for supper and didn't even ask to turn it back on.
With that I call our first annual TV turn off week a success!
2 comments:
I shut my Direct TV service off over the Summer and would never go back. My one indulgence is Netflix
Wow, You are my hero ;) I don't really think this family is ready to go that far but we've cut back quite a bit since TV turn off week!
Post a Comment