Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jalapenos and Hail!!!!!

Wow, I didn't even think the little jalapeno pepper plants would grow let alone thrive!! What do you do with all those Jalapenos????

I've made salsa, jalapeno corn muffins (yum!!!), and put them in tacos. I'm hoping they last until the tomatoes finish ripening so we can have more salsa!! I had two tomatoes that needed to be bag ripened (they fell off when I was tying the plants) so I used those and a few grape tomatoes for the salsa this time.

We had a huge hail storm last night. It knocked over some tomatoes, ripped through the cucumber leaves, and the lettuce is gone. The lettuce was a gift anyway because I had harvested it but didn't take it fully out and it had started growing again. I think everything else will recover but I was still disappointed. What can you do about the weather though??

No comments: