Friday, January 9, 2009

When words fail me...

Wow, I know that doesn't happen very often! Well, OK... it does! It's not that the words fail me so much as they don't come out in the right order or when I want them to. I can have a day where I think of a hundred blog ideas.... then a week where the simplest conversations get jumbled. Oh, I still talk (please, me not talk???) it just takes extra effort to get the darn words out correctly!!!

That's the kind of week I'm having. It's a good week. Nothing major going on (same 'ol same 'ol in the crazy busy life of a SAHM with three kids). I just can't seem to coordinate my thoughts.

They'll come back. They always do. Usually in the middle of the night or when I first wake up. Those moments when I've had enough quiet to actually hear myself think. Ideas on how to better phrase conversations I had in the day, lists of things I didn't quite finish... oh yeah, they know it's the only time I can hear them so they wake me up to be heard! (not unlike one of my 5 year olds)

Today, Sunshine is having a sick day and all my little angels are sleeping in. A little mommy time in the morning is rare. I'm using it to blog rather than work on that list that woke me up this morning. I'm sure somewhere inside my brain that little list maker is having a fit! Let it whine, I'm drinking my coffee!!! Really, for my defense, I've written the pesky list down and finished my morning routine. How much do I expect from myself before 8 am??? Don't answer that... that little list maker is a perfectionist... I try to keep it at bay as much as possible but, it expects a lot!!!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I hear you. I have that happen quite often.

And don't get me started on my lists... I've convinced myself to sit an enjoy my coffee this morning, too!