Friday, April 18, 2008

Daffodils almost blooming and a slow going veggie experience


I have been waiting months for my daffodils to bloom and now they are so very close to blooming and we are going to be in Connecticut for the weekend! Oh well, I'm looking forward to the warm weekend they have in the forcast and I've been told there are quite a flowers in bloom!




I went to Lowes the other day as I had promised but they didn't have the great deal on natives. Oh well! I did stop myself from buying seeds... I may be anxious but I really want to go through Johnnys selected seeds... I hear it's worth the effort. We came home with a sad looking 6 pack of pansies that were on sale for a whopping 75 cents. The girls loved them and wanted to give them a good home. What could I say??







As far as the veggie garden, it's a slower process than I expected.

I'm on line to buy my seeds, Garden is planned and we are renting the equipment to make it happen. We inherited a compost pile and a beautiful pile of what looks like potting soil so I'm hoping to use that. I still feel like I've gotten too excited to soon, I want it to go faster!! Of course if my darling hubby didn't work so much and didn't want a hand in the activities it would go faster!!!! LOL!!!!





1 comment:

Meri said...

looks like you are having fun, we have been doing a lot of yard work lately and have a few projects going