Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries Oh My!
The strawberries from our 1 year old plants were a bit tart but with sugar or cooked up in muffins and crisps... yummy! We picked about 3 quarts from the 25 plants. We have many more for next year!!!!
The wild blueberries and raspberries have started producing juicy sweet berries a month early! We have been out picking every night... somehow we just haven't had enough make it into the kitchen to cook with... go figure?? Next year we will have our plants produce and I just cannot wait!!
Another yummy product of the garden has arrived this weekend- sugar snap and shell peas!!! Oh so good! We have many more than we did last year (oh what a pitiful harvest of 4 snap peas) but for some reason only a couple have made it passed the front door also.
I think it is something to do with fresh, organic produce eaten outdoors, our eager hands and mouths just cannot resist!
Enjoy the bounty of the season! I do hope our summer crops blossom as heartily as these spring ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment