Hello friends!
1 year ago I was a stay at home momma. My babies were in kindergarten and I was a stressed out girl scout leader who blogged to make herself realize how extraordinary her life really was. I knew what I wanted to do in life, I was just scared to take that step.
How a year does change things!!! Well, not really :) I'm still a momma, and I'm still a girl scout leader... for one troop. The stress transferred to 5 college classes and balancing it all. That's also where I realized how extraordinary my life really is. There was no time for blogging, barely time for blinking!
I could write volumes about my experience, I may still do that... just not today.
Today you get the overview. I can't focus it into a top ten but here is a random list of life's little moments and changes:
~ As I loosed up the reins my kids and hubby took off! In a good way... they are amazing!!!! Much more self sufficient, and the creativity in this house makes me smile every day!!!
~My favorite courses all revolve around ecology... science methods (elementary education), Ecology and the Environmental Challenge, and Winter Ecology. Fun and eye opening experiences in all three classes. Teaching science will be my main priority. I became fascinated with owls, and owl pellets. I am now more aware of climate change and my part in solving the problem. I can also make shelter out of a pile of snow...
~We found time to take the girls to Disney. It was my first time as well. AMAZING!!!! So glad we went, the girls were the perfect ages at 6 and 10.
~I made it onto the deans list for the fall semester. 5 classes and my lowest grade was an A-!!!! Yay, after 15 years I could still make the grades. Still waiting for this semester's grades.... uuggh! I'm pretty sure I'll still be on the dean's list... did you know you could have B's and still have high honors... yeah, I learned that too! Full of knowledge I tell you!!!
~Have you heard of the "freshman 15"... yeah, it really happens, and then some! I believe it is the need for sitting to study combined with the added study power of M&M's.... but more research is needed to determine an exact cause as to why my pants don't fit anymore.
~My garden is now in the hands of my darling husband. He went a little fruit happy with the Johnny's catalog... 6 blueberry bushes, 15 raspberry plants, and 50... yes, 50 more strawberry plants. We got a few veggies as well to squeeze in there somewhere. I can't wait for the yummy goodness!!! Thanks to the early growing season, we already have lettuces, spinach, and sugar snap peas in the garden. Ahhh... Spring gives hope to a better growing season! I'm still not over the tomato blight of last year, such a sad experience...
So, there's a little snippet of life as I know it. Totally random, crazy, busy, and wonderful!!!!
Until next time, happy spring everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment