Friday, May 8, 2009

Why am I so tired???

So What did you do this week???

I think I had a busy week! Here are the highlights:
~~~

Home Depot! On the first Saturday of the month the home depot has
free workshops for the kids. On Saturday, we built a wheelbarrow plant holder for Mother's day.
Earlier that morning, our daisy troop gathered in the garden center where they taught us how to plant tomatoes and gave us each a tomato plant to grow... pot and all! Thank you Home Depot!!!!

~~~

Boston trip! My older girls scouts and I went on an overnight to the Boston museum of science.
It was an amazing experience...
even if we did sleep in a room with peeping chicks and a skeleton riding a bicycle!

~~~

Soccer anyone?? First game of the season!

~~~

Spring Concert... like my artistic take?? pics from the nosebleed section don't come out very well ;)


~~~

Special programs with daisies! Among many other things this night, they made this
great tic tac toe board. Very easy! Plywood, nails and balsa wood shapes. The girls sanded, pounded nails, and painted the pieces. They had a great time!




~~~
Cooking!!! This dreay week just called for snickerdoodles! We didn't stop there though!
This picture is of us making dog bones for the animal shelter.


~~~

A visit to the horses at the Maine sspca. What an amazing place!




~~~

An art lesson in good and bad behavior: Make 2 "feelings masks" out of paper plates. One mad and one happy. On the "happy plate" help the child write all the things they do well, things that make them happy. On outside of the "mad plate" help them write the things they do when they are mad, and what makes them mad. Discuss the items. Notice that there are a ton of good things that the child does!!! On the back of the "mad plate" write down things the child can do when they are mad. This is the stuff they can think about (inside themselves, thus the inside of the mask) to calm themselves down so they can think of a good way to change the situation. We even made them for mommy!!!! Paper plates are cheaper than therapy and easier than getting super nanny to come to my house!

Since this is only a fraction of what we did this week I guess I'm justified in being exhausted???
The sun is out today, finally!!! I'm going to eat lunch outside, put my feet up for a minute then take a nice walk. After that I'll get back to work... everyone needs a break right???

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's day!!!!!

No comments: