I didn't want to have the "No followers" topic up all week while I was enjoying TV turn off week with the kids. I figured I had a few minutes so I'd give you a quick garden update.
We have done a ton of yard work this week. The garden just needs loam and manure then we are ready to plant. I'm hoping that happens within the week! Yesterday, The girls and I finally started seedlings. We started three kinds of tomatoes, the melons, scallions, Corn, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers. I know it's late, but better than nothing. I don't have grow lights so they are sitting on a table in my breezeway by the sliding glass door. I put them outside when it was warm and sunny and taken them in at night. I hope this works!! I'm also hoping I'm right in directly sowing the seeds of the other things. Here are pictures of the progress:



The feel of dirt on my fingers, the teamwork, the feeling of accomplishment, the promise of new life in the garden, the mystery of what will come. Gardening is full of what my life needs right now. Thank you god for the warm weather and the capability of growing my own food with my children!! I am truly blessed!!
2 comments:
I'm still so very jealous!
T is planning on tilling the garden this weekend. And we're going to start our first row of lettuce (we stagger planting lettuce so that we constantly have a fresh supply).
Another couple of weeks and I think we'll be putting everything else in.
Mmmm, one of my favorite pastimes!
Post a Comment